Lasers have been put to good use in multiple areas of medicine and surgery. In dentistry, two types of laser treatments can be used: for soft tissues, and for hard tissues.
Dr. Ashba uses the soft-tissue dental type of laser - one of the latest developments in the dental field - in her office. This laser can be used for:
- Treatment of cold sores and canker sores.
- Recontour the gingiva or "gum line"
- Remove excess tissue to better adjust a crown or bridge.
- Remove minor benign small tissue lesions.
- Remove "frenums" or tissue attachments creating dental or gingival issues.
- Treat some periodontal issues.
- Remove some types of caries.
Lasers are known to decrease bleeding and the risks of infection and even to accelerate healing times! They are very precise and allow for a very focused treatment, allowing for a minimal use - if any - of local anesthetics ("Nococaine"), and often the avoidance of sutures ("stitches").
CALL US TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENT! (518) 371-0636